Death row convict hanged in Haripur jailNews
- Jun 20, 2019
HARIPUR: A death row convict was hanged in the Haripur Central Jail here on Wednesday morning.
Chanzeb, a resident of Peshawar, had been awaiting execution since 2006 when Federal Shariat Court had awarded him death penalty for raping and murdering a minor girl who happened to be his sister-in-law in 1996.
After issuance of his black warrants the jail administration arranged his last meeting with his family on Tuesday. According to jail sources, his execution was carried out at 4.30am amid tight security.
According to deceased’s last will, his real sister received his body and took it to Peshawar for burial.
- Death row
- Name (Z-A)Name (A-Z)
- Date added (Recently)Date added (Least recently)
- Gender (A-Z)Gender (Z-A)
- Does this person have a history of mental illness? (A-Z)Does this person have a history of mental illness? (Z-A)
- Was this person juvenile at the time of the alleged crime? (A-Z)Was this person juvenile at the time of the alleged crime? (Z-A)
- Is this person physically disabled? (A-Z)Is this person physically disabled? (Z-A)
- Current Status (A-Z)Current Status (Z-A)
- City / Province (A-Z)City / Province (Z-A)
- Date of Execution (Recently)Date of Execution (Least recently)
- Type of Court (A-Z)Type of Court (Z-A)
- Date (Recently)Date (Least recently)
- Year (9-0)Year (0-9)
- Case result (A-Z)Case result (Z-A)