ATC awards death sentence to two murderersNews
- May 24, 2019
KARACHI: A special anti-terrorism court awarded the death sentence on Thursday to two convicted of being involved in the murder of a man named Zainulabiddin. The court was hearing two cases against accused, Muhammad Jamil Ahmed and Munir Ahmed, pertaining to Zainulabiddin’s murder, police encounter and illegal weapons. The accused were convicted in both the cases.
The court awarded the death sentence to Jamil and Munir in the murder case, and 10 years imprisonment in the case pertaining to police encounter.
According to police, the convicts opened fire outside the house of Justice Zawar Hussain in Gulshan. Trader Zainulabiddin, who was a friend of Justice Hussain’s son, Sarfaraz, died in the firing incident.
The convicts were arrested after a police encounter and the cases against them were registered at Gulshan-e-Iqbal Police Station in 2011.
- Death row
- Name (Z-A)Name (A-Z)
- Date added (Recently)Date added (Least recently)
- Gender (A-Z)Gender (Z-A)
- Does this person have a history of mental illness? (A-Z)Does this person have a history of mental illness? (Z-A)
- Was this person juvenile at the time of the alleged crime? (A-Z)Was this person juvenile at the time of the alleged crime? (Z-A)
- Is this person physically disabled? (A-Z)Is this person physically disabled? (Z-A)
- Current Status (A-Z)Current Status (Z-A)
- City / Province (A-Z)City / Province (Z-A)
- Date of Execution (Recently)Date of Execution (Least recently)
- Type of Court (A-Z)Type of Court (Z-A)
- Date of Publication (Recently)Date of Publication (Least recently)
- Date (Recently)Date (Least recently)
- Year (9-0)Year (0-9)
- Case result (A-Z)Case result (Z-A)